About Parramos, Chimaltenango
Its name is kaqchikel origin, Pa means para y Rramos and that is united bouquets and bouquets mean. In 1533 it was founded and in 1876 it was officially transferred to Valle de los Pinos, it was drawn with great futuristic vision of the engineer Salvador Martinez Flores.
On December 28 the city Patronal fair is celebrated in honor of the Holy Innocents Children “Santos Niños Inocentes” and the headline that starts 8 days before the city fair. It is located 60 km away from the capital of Guatemala City.
Women still retain the traditional dress.
The predominant population is the Cakchiquel and their native language is Cakchiquel. The dominant religions are
Protestant and Catholic. 51% of the population are women and the rest are men, most are in the age range of 0-24 years. The population density is 873 inhabitants / km2, most live in urban areas and the minority in rural areas. A quarter is Ladin and the others are derived from the indigenous ethnic group kaqchikel.
Los Cerritos, Cerro Pavo, Cerro Las Campanas (mines), Pueblo Viejo, Chipoc, Pache, Las Cruces and the panteones de San Bernabé are some of the holy places that are recognized by the population. The main tourist attraction is a visit to the chapel of Pueblo Viejo.