A medical clinic to bring physical and spiritual health and healing to the sick
Zoya Ministries had the privilege of conducting a medical clinic to bring physical and spiritual health and healing to the sick in Otutulu and the surrounding villages.
People from all over the Kogi state were drawn to the clinic as well as people from the borderline state.
To support the outreach, a team of 15 persons from Nigeria joined us at the orphanage (AVTH-NCGF, MercyFirst Eye Relief, doctor Tenufa’s team). An Ophthalmologist team who provided cataract surgery to the blind as well as an Optometrist team who provided reading glasses and eye prescriptions. We also had a surgery team, general practitioners, and an obstetrics and gynecologist for the medical clinic.
We ran for 5 days the clinic with registration, triage, general practice, general surgery, eye surgery, optometry, evangelism and prayers teams.
The medical outreach far surpassed what we had anticipated
We saw on average 350 persons a day (villagers, orphans, staff and security guards)
- General practice: 1222 patients received prescriptions/ drugs
- Optometry: 211 pairs of glasses were distributed and 592 eye prescriptions delivered
- Ophthalmology: 56 cataract surgeries performed
- General surgery: 43 surgeries including 2 major obstetric surgeries. In addition, 6 procedures were performed by a nurse practitioner
An incredible platform to share the Word of God
We provided spiritual healing at the clinic as well. We were able to:
- Preach the gospel to the villagers who came to the clinic
- Pray with and for hundreds of people
- Distribute Christian literature (Gospel tracts, Gospel of John, Bibles in English and Igala).
- Broadcast to the patients waiting in line the Word of God in Igala (local language in Otutulu)
- Invite to the on-site church all visitors who made a profession of faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord
LOVE the orphans
Our mission was to care for and be available for the orphans and their aunties, one child at a time. While there we were also able to:
- Provide game time and draw a mural painting for the kids
- Provide movie time for the kids in the evening.
- Pray and provide for the Aunties at the orphanage.